Next Generation Model Medicare Accountable Care Organization
KentuckyOne Health Partners, LLC (KYOne HP) has been accepted into the CMS Next Generation Model Accountable Care Organization (ACO).
A Next Generation Accountable Care Organization is an ACO Model implemented by CMS. ACOs are groups of doctors, hospitals and other health care providers that come together to provide coordinated, high quality care to their Medicare Fee-for-Service patients. Coordinated care helps ensure patients, especially the chronically ill or those who are hospitalized, get the right care at the right time, and avoid unneeded duplication of services such as lab tests and x-rays. The Next Generation ACO Model offers different methodologies and financial arrangements with higher levels of risk and reward than other Medicare ACO initiatives.
Please visit www.medicare.gov/acos.html or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048) for questions or additional information about Next Generation Accountable Care Organizations.
For general information about ACOs for people with Medicare, please view these frequently asked questions.
ACO Name and Location
KentuckyOne Health Partners, LLC
201 Abraham Flexner Way, 15th Floor
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. till 5 p.m. (EST)
ACO Primary Contact
President and CEO
KentuckyOne Health Partners, LLC
201 Abraham Flexner Way, 15th Floor
Louisville, KY 40202
Composition of ACO
Network of individual practices of ACO professionals
Hospital employing ACO professionals
Partnership or joint venture arrangement between hospitals and ACO professionals – N/A
View the current Next Generation ACO participants below:
2017 KentuckyOne Health Partners Next Generation ACO Participant Practices
2017 KentuckyOne Health Partners Next Generation ACO Participant Providers
KentuckyOne Health Partners, LLC Governing Body
Ruth Brinkley, Voting Member, ACO Participant Representative, Jewish Hospital & St. Mary’s Healthcare, Inc. (employed by Catholic Health Initiatives)
James Fitzpatrick, MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant Representative, KentuckyOne Health Medical Group, Inc. (employed by KentuckyOne Health)
Jeffery Graves, MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant Representative, KentuckyOne Health Medical Group, Inc. (employed by KentuckyOne Health)
Don Lovasz, Non-Voting Member, President and CEO, ACO Participant Representative, Jewish Hospital & St. Mary’s Healthcare, Inc. (employed by KentuckyOne Health)
James Lynch, MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant Representative, KentuckyOne Health Medical Group, Inc. (employed by KentuckyOne Health)
Gregory Postel, MD, Voting Member, Community Stakeholder Representative (employed by University of Louisville)
Gerald Temes, M.D., Voting Member and Medicare Beneficiary Representative (retired)
Russell Williams, M.D., Voting Member, ACO Participating Representative, Associates in General Surgery PSC (employed by KentuckyOne Health)
KentuckyOne Health Partners, LLC Committees and Key Leadership Personnel
President and CEO: Don Lovasz (employed by KentuckyOne Health)
Chief Medical Officer: Ron Waldridge II, MD (employed by KentuckyOne Health)
Chief Compliance Officer: Valerie Cloud, MBA, CHC, CHPC (employed by Catholic Health Initiatives)
Vice President, Administration: Brian Christopher (employed by KentuckyOne Health)
Vice President, Clinical Services: Amy O’Connell, APRN-BC (employed by KentuckyOne Health)
- The Executive Committee shall exercise such powers that are delegated to it by the Board of Managers and to meet on occasions when an unexpected action item must be considered, and it is not feasible to convene the full Board of Managers.
- The Governance Committee, an advisory committee to the Board of Managers, is responsible for developing and monitoring the effectiveness of board members. This includes the development of standards relating to the nomination, education, self-evaluation, independence, and fiduciary conduct of board and committee members.
- The Quality & Value Committee, an advisory committee to the Board of Managers, provides oversight for the care management program and other quality initiatives to fulfill the mission and vision of the Board of Managers.
Types of ACO participants, or combination of participants that formed the ACO:
KentuckyOne Health Partners, LLC was formed by KentuckyOne Health.
Shared Savings & Losses
- The amount of any Shared Savings or Shared Losses for any Performance Year
- Next Generation ACO Performance Year 1 (2017): Results will be made available later in 2018
- The proportion of Shared Savings invested in infrastructure, redesigned care processes, and other resources necessary to improve outcomes and reduce Medicare costs for Beneficiaries
- The proportion of shared savings to be invested in infrastructure depends on the amount of shared savings received. Currently, the distribution policy covers operating expenses for the ACO along with a portion for infrastructure with distribution across membership for the remaining funds.
- The proportion of Shared Savings distributed to Next Generation Participants and Preferred Providers
- The current Next Generation Participants receive incentives for completing work designed to achieve improvement in patient experience, quality performance, and total cost of care reduction.
Skilled Nursing Facilities Utilizing the Payment Rule Waiver
Yes, our ACO utilizes the 3-Day Rule Waiver:
- Christian Health Care – Louisville, KY
- Essex Nursing and Rehabilitation Center – Louisville, KY
- Jefferson Manor Health & Rehab Center – Louisville, KY
- Kindred Transitional Care Rehab – Corydon, IN
- Kindred Transitional Care Rehab – Sellersburg, IN
- Masonic Home of Shelbyville – Shelbyville, KY
- Nazareth Home, Inc. – Louisville, KY
- Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place – Louisville, KY
- Signature Healthcare of Cherokee Park – Louisville, KY
- Signature Healthcare of Elizabethtown – Elizabethtown, KY
- Signature Healthcare of South Louisville – Louisville, KY
- Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital – New Albany, IN
- Treyton Oak Towers – Louisville, KY
- HealthSouth Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital – Lexington, KY
- Northpoint/Lexington Healthcare Center – Lexington, KY
- Providence Pine Meadows – Lexington, KY
- Tanbark Health and Rehabilitation Center – Lexington, KY
- The Willows at Citation – Lexington, KY
- The Willows at Hamburg – Lexington, KY
- Diversicare of Claiborne (formerly known as Laurel Manor) – New Tazewell, TN
- Middlesboro Health and Rehab Center – Middlesboro, KY
Disclaimer: The statements contained in this document are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of CMS. The authors assume responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the information contained herein.